- Do it at whatever pace you feel comfortable with-don’t think that you have to cut it all out overnight. This works for some people, for others, not so much. Start off slow: switch regular milk for almond or soy milk; go meat free a couple of days a week; start using vegan butter rather than dairy butter. Its as easy as that. Do it gradually-this will make things much much easier.
- Look for some vegan recipes that you would like to try. Finding ones that you enjoy eating will make the transition easier. Create a folder with your favourite recipes that you can keep handy for when you have no idea what to cook.
- Find alternatives to your favourite non vegan foods. There are alternatives to pretty much everything—you just need to find one that works for you.
- If you make a mistake and eat something non vegan, don’t worry. Don’t let it discourage you, keep going.
- Don’t worry about protein. Everyone seems to have an obsession with protein and as soon as you mention that you’re a vegan, they all seem to become dieticians. Just ignore them-plants have protein!
Good luck! xx