Chewy and chocolatey vegan chocolate orange cookies, perfect for vegans and non vegans alike.
1 cup light tasting oil (coconut, vegetable or sunflower is best)
1/2 cup non dairy milk (you could use chocolate milk to make it extra chocolatey)
2 cups sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1 bar orange flavoured chocolate
- Pre heat the oven to 180C
- Mix the oil, sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl until combined
- Sift in the icing sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder into the bowl and mix well until it become like a dough. Add more flour if its too runny.
- Smash up or break the bar of chocolate into chunks. Mix in the chocolate chunks until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, put the dough onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Use about one table spoon of dough per cookie, and keep them about 3 inches apart as they spread.
- Bake for 14 minutes
- Let the cookies cool slightly before you take them off the tray. When they first come out the will still be soft but will harden after a couple of minutes.
(makes around 20 medium sized cookies)
Check out my other post for vegan chocolate chip cookies 🙂