1 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup non dairy milk (preferably coconut but any other will work just as well)
2 cups sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 cup icing sugar
2 cups plain flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 table spoons water
- Pre heat the oven to 180C
- Mix the oil, sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl until combined
- Sift in the icing sugar, flour, salt and baking powder into the bowl and mix well until it become like a dough. Add more flour if its too runny.
- Mix in the coconut until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, put the dough onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Use about one table spoon of dough per cookie (make sure you keep them well apart, as these cookies spread like mad)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool slightly before you take them off the tray. When they first come out the will still be soft but will harden after a couple of minutes.
(makes around 12 cookies)
check out my other posts for more delicious vegan cookies 🙂